What is SAP?
Founded in 1972, SAP is one of the world’s leading producers of software for the operation of business processes, developing solutions that facilitate effective data processing and information inflow across organisations.
Since then, it has grown from a small, 5-person endeavour to a multinational enterprise headquartered in Waldron, Germany, with more than 105,000 employees worldwide. The full form of "SAP" is “Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing” which is a type of ERP system. When you see the word SAP by itself, it’s pronounced "ess-ay-pea. SAP is a German Slang meaning Pigs. So, during international conference calls with clients in Germany, special care was taken that nobody calls it SAP because that would just offend the Germans.
The company’s integrated applications connect all parts of a business into an intelligent suite on a completely digital platform, thereby replacing the process-driven, legacy platform. Today, SAP has more than 230 million cloud users, more than 100 solutions covering all business functions, and the largest cloud portfolio of any provider.
Christian Klein leads the company, heads up the Executive Board of SAP SE, and, at 41, and is the youngest CEO of any major enterprise on Germany’s DAX blue chip market index.
SAP has over 140,000 establishments whole world as of 2010, with over 25 industry-specific businesses with over 75,000 customers in 120 countries. That's why SAP is ranked No.1 in the ERP market. In simple words, SAP covers almost every aspect of business operation. It provides solutions for inventions, distribution, logistics, finance, etc.
What is SAP EDUCATION?
SAP systems are vital to business functions and managements, irrespective of the company's size. Having a SAP certification may open a wide range of job openings for you. Knowing about the SAP courses and modules in detail can help you make an informed decision about your career.
The SAP course includes several modules between fundamental to technical types covering nearly all aspects of business operation. It provides the capability to manage SAP business by design, comprising organisational structure setup, extending solutions and more. SAP-certified professionals can build information warehouses, design input screens and manage databases.
Types of SAP modules:
- SAP Financial Accounting (FI)
SAP FICO is a module of SAP ERP which is used for financial reporting both externally and internally. The objective is to record all financial transactions that are posted by an entity and produce financial statements that are accurate at the end of the trading period. The SAP FICO full form is FI (Financial Accounting) and CO (Controlling).
- General Ledger Accounting - All general ledger accounts that are used for reporting are managed through general ledger accounting. In SAP a set of all general ledger accounts used by a company or a group of companies is called a chart of accounts. These are the accounts that will be used for the preparation of financial statements. Most of the transactions are recorded in sub modules and they are reconciled with the general ledgers in real time. Transactions that can be done in direct in general ledger Accounting include journal vouchers which are posted to adjust or correct transactions. Reversals can also be done from general ledger accounting. Balances in general ledger accounts can be displayed and trial balances extracted from the system.Asset Accounting - Asset accounting in SAP FICO manages all transactions related to assets for an entity. When transactions are posted in asset accounts, reconciliation accounts in general ledger are updated in real time. Transactions in asset accounting include asset acquisition, asset retirement, asset sale, asset transfer, asset revaluation and asset depreciation.
- Accounts Payable - Accounts payables is a sub module that captures all transactions with vendors and manages vendor accounts. Separate vendor accounts are maintained and when transactions are posted in customer accounts, reconciliation accounts in general ledger are updated with the figures in real time. Transactions in accounts payables include invoice posting, credit memo posting, down payments, invoice payment, automatic payment program and executing vendor reports.
- Financial Closing - The SAP Financial Closing for SAP S/4HANA supports the planning, execution, monitoring, and analysis of financial closing tasks for the entities of your group that recur periodically (i.e., daily, monthly, and yearly), involve multiple agents, and have a fixed chronological sequence in the closing process.
- SAP Financial Basics - SAP FI helps to analyze the financial conditions of a company in the market. It can integrate with other SAP modules like SAP SD, SAP PP, SAP MM, SAP SCM, etc.
- Reporting - Executable program that reads data from the database and generates output based on the filter criteria selected by the end user. Execution of a SAP report almost never leads to an update of the database. The various categories of reports are — Standard SAP reports.
- SAP Material Management (MM)
SAP MM handles Procurement Process, Material Valuation, Invoice Verification, Purchase Orders, supply chain, Master Data Management, Accounts Payable, Raw Material & Finished goods management, In-time availability of material and cost-effectiveness
- Introduction to SAP & ERP
- Define procurement process
- Describe configuration using procurement
- Define organization levels & Master data
- Define purchasing optimization
- Define Material Requirements Planning
- Outline Purchase agreement management
- Inventory control
- SAP Sales & Distribution (SD)
SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) is an important module of SAP ERP consisting of business processes required in selling, shipping, billing of a product. The module is tightly integrated with SAP MM & SAP PP. Key sub-modules of SAP SD are Customer and Vendor Master Data, Sales, Delivery, Billing, Pricing, and Credit Management.
- Manage shipping, billing of products & services
- Customer Relationship Management - Quotation, Sales Order, Billing
- Creating Material Stocks, Sales View, Returns, Consignment Process
- Bill of Materials, Invoicing, Taxation, Credit management
- SAP Production Planning (PP)
PP module certification can pursue profitable careers as senior consultants, SAP Production Planning Consultants, assistant managers, and senior-level managers. SAP PP earned enticing compensation there is a huge demand for SAP PP Certified professionals in the contemporary market. Only 7 out of 10,000 professionals have SAP PP experience. As a result, there is a high need for both newcomers and seasoned professionals in this industry. Candidates with SAP incentives for newcomers with no prior expertise; this SAP module is well worth investigating.
- Material and Capacity Requirements Planning
- Material Requirements Planning (PP-MRP)
- Production Orders Advanced (PP-SFC)
- Lean Manufacturing (PP-REM, PP-KAB)
- Master Data (LDM)
- Production Orders Basics (PP-SFC)
- Application Overview and Background
- Basics on SAP Business Processes (E-Learnings)
- Process Orders (PP-PI)
SAP technical modules are primarily focused on ensuring a smooth-operating SAP landscape.
- Advanced business application programming (ABAP)
SAP ABAP is a high-level programming language created from computing languages Java, C, C++ and Python used to develop business applications in an SAP environment.
- ABAP Programming
- ABAP Dictionary
- Data Types and Data Objects
- Classical User Interfaces
- SQL Statements including Update Strategies
- Enhancements and Modifications
- ABAP Objects
- Web Dynpro for ABAP
- SAP NetWeaver Overview
- High performance analytic appliance (SAP HANA)
SAP HANA uses in-memory computing to store compressed data into RAM instead of relational databases on disk drives. It is the advanced ERP Solution from SAP, and can be installed cloud or on premises. It is a blend of both hardware and software due to which it incorporates various components such as
- SAP SLT or System Landscape Transformation
- SAP HANA Database
- SAP HANA Direct Extractor connection
- Replication server
- Sybase replication technology
- SAP HCM
SAP HCM (SAP Human Capital Management) is a human resources management system. As the successor to SAP HR, it contains all functions that are relevant for personnel administration, payroll, applicant management, and personnel development.
- Organizational Management Configuration
- Personnel Administration Configuration
- Time and Attendance
- Management Configuration
- SAP HCM Business Processes
- Personnel Administration
- Time and Attendance Management
- Organization Management
- Reporting and Analytics
- Payroll Business Processes
Who can take up SAP Certification Training?
If you enrol in fundamental SAP modules like SAP SD certification, there are no specific requirements; any graduate can pursue a job in SAP. Some SAP ERP certification modules, however, require relevant work experience in the industry. For example, an engineer graduate with relevant work experience of at least two years can enrol in the SAP MM, PP, and PM module, whereas a commerce graduate or MBA can enrol in the SAP FICO module.
SAP Certification Course Duration:
SAP, get certified in 2 to 3 months based on your learning capabilities and the course you have chosen. Launch your global career after successful completion of the SAP certification and start applying for jobs right away.
How SAP Brings about a Change in Career?
SAP certification is a program of choice for majority of IT professionals because it’s required by almost every business across the world, in every major industry. SAP certified individuals get better job opportunities, career growth and significance because of their knowledge to have SAP ERP to automate customer relations management, simplify finance management and so on.
With SAP products becoming predominantly used in the IT industry, almost every individual be it a business analyst, IT administrator, developer or team leader, every type of professional can boost their career when they obtain certification from a reputed institution. Additionally, the certification acquired can also lead to supporting job roles such as a consultant, trainer or to provide SAP ERP related solutions to the clients.
The range of modules available within the program ensures there is something for everyone, so that be it an IT professional or a person who has recently completed a postgraduate degree can pick their choice to specialize in that particular module.
SAP Learning Hub for Colleges & Students – on demand Get Information